For the past few seasons the midi skirt has been the item that just seems to keep on giving. It has taken us through all seasons and my love affair with the midi skirt – and I’m sure everyone else’s too – will be ending no time soon… just take a peak in my wardrobe.
Stylish, easy to wear and suitable for all body types, here are five reasons to love midi skirts.
- Fabulously flattering. The just below the knee length and the way that they nip in at the waist gives those Marilyn Monroe like 50s curves to even the most boyish amongst us.
- Suitable for all occasions. Midi skirts are incredibly wearable, from the office to a bar to a wedding, a midi skirt is the ultimate desk to drinks staple. Team your midi skirt with a tucked in tee and flats for a casual weekend look and heels with a camisole when you want to dress it up.
- Perfect to twirl around in. Because who doesn’t want to spin around like a five-year-old till you feel sick?
- Wonderful in all weathers. As well as being suitable for all occasions, I find that midi skirts can be worn in all weathers and seasons. Now that we are in summer I wear mine with a vest top, camisole or tee tucked in and sandals. Once the temperature starts to get a bit chillier I will swap my top half for a fine knitted long-sleeved top with a leather jacket over the top. Then when it gets to December I will be teaming my midi with thick tights, ankle boots and a winter coat.
- Dazzlingly demure. With the midi skirt you realise that less is definitely more. Wearing such a feminine item, which doesn’t involve flashing too much skin makes me feel sophisticated, sassy and even a little bit sexy.
Here are some of the midi skirts that I am loving at the moment.
- Pleated midi skirt, £45 from Oasis. This gorgeous red number would be perfect with a white tee for summer days or with a delicate camisole for evening wear.
- Chambray button through skirt, £95 Whistles. This is a great example of how midi skirts can make excellent casual wear.
- Bianca pleated skirt, £100 Anthropologie. This colourful skirt screams summer to me and it has gone straight on my holiday wish-list.
- Striped split midi skirt, £36 Topshop. Of course there had to be some stripes in here somewhere… One of my friends owns this skirt and I can’t help but compliment her each time she wears it.
- Embellished tutu skirt, £249 Ted Baker. Although this one is quite pricey, I think it is just stunning and would make perfect party wear.