Like most girls I love to shop and during my two years living as a Sydney-sider these were my five favourite places to do just that.
- Splice Boutique, Freshwater. This is hands down my favourite shop in Australia. Located in the beautiful northern beaches this store contains – in my opinion – the very best that Australian designers have to offer. You will find the likes of Bec and Bridge, Camilla and Marc, Viktoria and Woods as well as some of their own branded items – look out for their fantastic own brand sandals. The products in here can get quite pricey so if you are on a budget keep an eye out for the sale, alternatively follow them on Instagram for a constant stream of style inspiration.
- Kaboodle, New Town. If you are looking for a present for someone and just don’t know what to get this is the place to go. It is filled with cute and quirky accessories, such as button earrings, letter rings and pocket watch necklaces. Before moving back to the UK I stocked up on their fabulous nightwear, which comes in gorgeous floral prints and is really comfortable.
- Paddington Market. This market takes place every Saturday on Oxford Street. The reason that I loved coming here was because of the local jewellery makers who sold wonderful, stylish and good quality jewellery. A favourite purchase that I made here is a simple sterling silver ring, which has a twist in the middle. It is delightfully simple and I wear it pretty much everyday, a bargain seeing as it only cost me $35.
- Stellino New Town. A colourful little store filled with some great Australian brands like MinkPink, Staple the Label and Mika and Gala, along with some of their own brand items. I would always find something I wanted in this store and the items were fairly reasonably priced.
- Me and Moo, Bondi. Containing a mixture of local names and international brands from places like Sweden and the US. Everything in the store was effortlessly cool and oozed the laid back style that was typical of Bondi. In summer I would go for their lightweight shirts and when the temperature dropped I opted for their fine knits and leather jackets.